Academic Coaching is designed to address academic and study skills including (but not limited to) task analysis, homework organization and completion, project planning and completion, prioritizing and time management, note-taking, test and exam preparation, reading comprehension, writing and grammar skills development, school-home-friends balance, decision-making, and goal setting and achievement.
With commitment to the coaching process, your child will experience:
- Improved study skills and better use of study time.
- Personalized attention, with praise, feedback and encouragement.
- Higher levels of learning and self-directed learning.
- Increased motivation to succeed with progress at an individualized pace.
- Improved grades with increased knowledge and understanding of subjects.
- Improved self-esteem and confidence and reduced inappropriate competitiveness.
- Opportunity to review skills or "fill in the gaps" of skills learned in school, but not mastered.