Monday, July 20, 2009

What MY COACH Believes about Academic Coaching

Academic Coaching
is as necessary to educational success as sports coaching is to winning a championship. Take the next step to ensure success in today's challenging world.

Students who work with me find encouragement, commitment, and an emotional cheerleader who guides and supports them through the challenges of juggling school, home, friends, and extra-curricular activities. Students who work with me gain independence, self-confidence, self-discipline, and direction necessary to enter higher levels of education and eventual adulthood with energy and ambition.

My commitment to those with whom I work is to help them target their strengths, to apply those strengths and to focus those qualities and characteristics on achieving not just academic success, but also on creating and growing attitudes for life's successes.

I believe that within each person there is a capacity for greatness in this life. The challenge lies in finding the foundation upon which to successfully build that greatness. Each of us possesses qualities of character, strengths and weaknesses of skill, and the energies and ambitions to move us forward. But in the rough and tumble of day-to-day life, the distractions and demands placed on us by external influences, and the pressures to conform and to perform to societal norms, we easily lose the focus of our efforts. Coaching helps us keep our focus and maximize our potential for greatness.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you. I'm still having a hard time grasping that you're really gone. They say time heals all wounds, but this is one wound I'd rather feel for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete